blog background

Crafter's Creed

I, fellow crafter pledge the crafter’s creed
No subbie, subscriber, follower, face- book friend shall supersede
To like videos, leave nice comments
A wonderful craft community to breed
Make funky tutorials, inspiring projects
With good ideas to lead
And never use message boards to stir trouble and mislead
Take credit without giving honor
No never this misdeed
Yes shout outs and video links are always guaranteed
However, auctions, bids and sales
I will beware - take heed
Of haul enablers who want me to buy
Who beg cry and plead
But if I fail and succumb
I vow to share the greed
With freebies and giveaways many craft rooms to feed
Because when I purge and destash only then am I’m freed
From all the stuff that I bought that I don’t really need
And if the hot glue gun causes me to burn and bleed
or I fail to meet swap deadlines as decreed
or need a break from blog hoppin go away and recede
I will lay down my craft and simply concede
Bake cupcakes and cookies
mix and knead
Grab a shovel plant a garden
sow a seed
With Frappuccino coffee and a craft magazine to read
Then organize and clean my craft room
and proceed
To send a card, happy mail,
RAK up a good deed
Shabby chic, altered - distressed
pretty things indeed
Swap for swap tag for tag, card for card
bead to bead
With priority mail and tracking
A super- fast shipping speed
So if I’m seen haulin and stallin
Then please intercede
Call crafters everywhere - a crafters stampede
To get back on track-finish projects -succeed
And to my new friends and followers this I shall reread
Now take the pledge by liking, subscribing or sharing
If agreed
© Biblescraps 12/2014

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Top Dog Die Mason Jar with personal touch: Plus Sizzix's jar dies

I was blessed last week.  I did my rounds checking on our boarded up childhood family home and discovered the peach tree - thought to be dead- was in fact alive. I was a kid in a candy store as I rushed to my car to find a grocery bag then return in haste to retrieve the last of the trees fruit for the season.  All kind of childhood memories returned as I gazed at the tree in amazement. I remember picking it's then freezing it with some sugar then later eating the best frozen sweet peaches on one of many hot lazy days of summer. How come I didn't know this tree was still bearing fruit? How come my younger brother failed to tell me last year that fruit was on the tree?  anyway i drove home in excitement anticipating vacuuming sealing some fruit for holiday cobblers which i did the next day. I also made peach maple bread which turned out delicious.  I was blessed by this experience because something actually was alive and growing from a place that represented death in a sense and a bunch of not so good memories (both my parents died while living in this home...).  Nonetheless I had fruit from a tree that my parents, siblings and i ate off of and that truth was priceless so in addition to making home made peach/maple bread I tried my hand for the first time at making jam, It turned out superb and I decided to commemorate  this entire experience using my newly arrived top dog mason jar die along with two of Sizzix jar dies. 
Sizzix Jar die and framelit set
Top Dog Mason Jar Die
Top Dog Mason Jar Die


This creation is unique in that the paper on the front of the die is the actual image of my poppy peach preserve.  I created this by spreading the jam on a clear storage cover, took pictures, printed the pictures out in 5 by 7 size (on different types of photo papers) then die cut the pictures with the jar dies. I also used a stamp on the back and wrote the recipe.  I will use this technique to make an album of all the goodies I will use in mason jars including holiday chocolate coco, bread, cookies and cake mixes.  One can also use this technique for candy, morsel, nut and fruit mixes. Isn't this technique absolutely wonderful!  If you use this technique please let me know so i can see what you put in your mason jars.....


No comments:

Post a Comment