blog background

Crafter's Creed

I, fellow crafter pledge the crafter’s creed
No subbie, subscriber, follower, face- book friend shall supersede
To like videos, leave nice comments
A wonderful craft community to breed
Make funky tutorials, inspiring projects
With good ideas to lead
And never use message boards to stir trouble and mislead
Take credit without giving honor
No never this misdeed
Yes shout outs and video links are always guaranteed
However, auctions, bids and sales
I will beware - take heed
Of haul enablers who want me to buy
Who beg cry and plead
But if I fail and succumb
I vow to share the greed
With freebies and giveaways many craft rooms to feed
Because when I purge and destash only then am I’m freed
From all the stuff that I bought that I don’t really need
And if the hot glue gun causes me to burn and bleed
or I fail to meet swap deadlines as decreed
or need a break from blog hoppin go away and recede
I will lay down my craft and simply concede
Bake cupcakes and cookies
mix and knead
Grab a shovel plant a garden
sow a seed
With Frappuccino coffee and a craft magazine to read
Then organize and clean my craft room
and proceed
To send a card, happy mail,
RAK up a good deed
Shabby chic, altered - distressed
pretty things indeed
Swap for swap tag for tag, card for card
bead to bead
With priority mail and tracking
A super- fast shipping speed
So if I’m seen haulin and stallin
Then please intercede
Call crafters everywhere - a crafters stampede
To get back on track-finish projects -succeed
And to my new friends and followers this I shall reread
Now take the pledge by liking, subscribing or sharing
If agreed
© Biblescraps 12/2014

Monday, February 3, 2014

We finally got rain....thank you Jesus

I am so glad. We got rain several days ago and some unexpected rain yesterday. Yesterday was actually snippy and I was in love. I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that the weatherman is unreliable but I don’t blame him. God is working with the weather in strange ways. Our poor meteorologist failed to forecast rain yesterday instead prognosticated sunshine. It’s not his fault – our seasons are just transforming before our very eyes. So what does this mean? We never know what tomorrow holds – just have to wait and see. And I’m okay with that. Just thankful to be alive. So yesterday I attended my first ever craft type class. It was a beading class at Michael s. Several weeks ago they had an “open house” where” sign upers” received a twenty buck coupon (our store allowed us to use it on anything) for purchasing a class. I signed up classes for myself and two children so I got 3 coupons, YEAAAAA. The class was small just 4 of us including the instructor but it was a lot of fun. Thank God for my neighbor who taught me how to read the illustration. I failed to complete the task at hand (heart earrings) but I did complete almost one earring (smile). The important thing was the fellowship with other crafters and learning something new. I did get the basics down and tried to recreate the other earring last night but I didn’t have the correct thread. I’m placing an order on Amazon today. I also went thrifting on Saturday and actually last week as well. I have to say it has been a while since I perused my old hang out spots. Oh yea, I also finally went antique shopping again. Can you believe that I stay just several miles away from an heirloom section of my city which is housed with many antiques shops. What took me so long? I found a wooden chest at one of the antique stores and all kinds of other goodies at the thrift stores including lace, wood buttons, clothes pins (old school kind), several new packs of stencil sheets (by Grafix) and some miscellaneous craft sponges and sheets - items I never heard of before. I checked out a new thrift store which happened to be a children’s second hand store and found all my crafting goodies. I was like thank you Lord because I was tired and ready to head home but decided to stop anyway. It was a small store but everything was a $1 or cheaper. I was so excited when I found the crafting supplies for some items I had never heard of like “almost leather” which are foam type sheets when stamped and heated turns into leather like material. I also did something new. I purchased a formal dress ($1) and tore it up and used the lace and other fabric to make a flower. I wish I hadn’t gotten the other dresses… I will surely return this weekend if the Lord willin….. But I was reminded when you find a deal snatch it up while you can. I purchased a bag of clothes pins for $2 bucks last week but when I returned on Saturday all 15 bags were gone. Shoot! I regret not getting at least 1 more bag since altered clothes pins are all the rage right now….. hoping it rains again....
P1050119 by yfrh35
P1050119, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.

P1050121, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
I recycled a formal dress found at a thrift store ($1) and made this beautiful flower....Love that peachy color...
P1050129 by yfrh35
P1050129, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
Look at my lace. Paid $2.50 for all of it. Really loving those buttons. Never seen those type before......
P1050132 by yfrh35
P1050132, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
I love this box. Will store my "hoard items" in this...
P1050135 by yfrh35
P1050135, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
Never seen these before. can't wait to try out
P1050138 by yfrh35
P1050138, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
Got this for one buck. Can't wait to altar
P1050139 by yfrh35
P1050139, a photo by yfrh35 on Flickr.
3 packs of new stencils by Graftix for $1 a pack

No comments:

Post a Comment