I must admit I have been depressed lately. I've been worried about my unemployment state, confused about some promises that have yet to be fulfilled, guilty about wasting time with distractions and not completing my book. I don't even want to relive the thoughts and feelings I have experienced this season of my life. It seems harder to pray even more harder to believe. Don't know how to describe it but when you experience the same mental battles and emotional struggles over and over again the coping skills that once sustained you (even prayer) seem to lose their effectiveness. This is the state I seem to live in more often than not. But the Scripture is clear to not cease to pray. So no matter how difficult it was to go before the Lord the God in me mustered up the strength to pray this morning and I tell you I was transformed once again. It took some time to get my mind focused and to feel what I was praying but it didn't take long after I began to reflect on His goodness. I praised Him pass the mood and was reminded in prayer that God will complete the good work He has begun in my life (Phil 1:6 ). I recalled the things God had brought me through since my adolescence to now. I was reminded I'm only alive because My God spared my life ( I have a wonderful testimony and may share later) and yes for His good purpose. My God brought something to my attention that I had never considered quite like I had this morning . The Lord spared me guilt, shame, remorse and condemnation concerning the two most devastating experiences of my life – losing my mother at 17 and my divorce some 5 years ago. It was His Rhema word given to me specifically concerning both situation that blessed me. Yes, God loves me. Yes God loves you and proves His love every time our heart beats whether or not we hear or feel it. My eyes not only released a river of joyful tears but my heart was crying too because it had felt God once again. I would like to share several insights God revealed to me during my devotional this morning. I pray it transforms your mind and emotion like it did me.
- What God has promised to do He will fulfill. What happened or hasn't happened has nothing to do with Him keeping his word.
- Stand on what you know. Forget about what has happened or hasn't happened and stand on what you know whatever that know is……
- God will fulfill or complete the good work He has begun in your life. The good work has nothing to do with you but everything to do in God. The good work is His work planned before creation and if you are sincere, available, obedient and willing God will fulfill it (Phil 1:6).
- Don't cease to pray (Col 1:6). Talking to God may be difficult at times because talking makes you confront painful situations. But talking is confession and confession is good for the soul. You must talk to God about what your thinking and what your feelings because He cares about your thoughts and feelings.
- Pray with thankfulness. Being thankful can be difficult when facing difficult situations but it is medicine to your heart. I had to think back to some things God did for me in my youth to muster up some thankfulness for today. I tell you the more I thanked God the more I felt renewed and assured.
- Be anxious for nothing. I will expound on this in a later post but I was so moved with the insight God gave me about myself concerning this Scripture. This might seem odd but God don't want us to be anxious not even for His promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment