This blog is dedicated to the two loves of my life - The Scripture and Scrapbooking. I call my blog Bible Scraps because after we have delved into the BIBLE we can scrap - hence the name Bible Scraps.
blog background
Crafter's Creed
I, fellow crafter pledge the crafter’s creed
No subbie, subscriber, follower, face- book friend shall supersede
To like videos, leave nice comments
A wonderful craft community to breed
Make funky tutorials, inspiring projects
With good ideas to lead
And never use message boards to stir trouble and mislead
Take credit without giving honor
No never this misdeed
Yes shout outs and video links are always guaranteed
However, auctions, bids and sales
I will beware - take heed
Of haul enablers who want me to buy
Who beg cry and plead
But if I fail and succumb
I vow to share the greed
With freebies and giveaways many craft rooms to feed
Because when I purge and destash only then am I’m freed
From all the stuff that I bought that I don’t really need
And if the hot glue gun causes me to burn and bleed
or I fail to meet swap deadlines as decreed
or need a break from blog hoppin go away and recede
I will lay down my craft and simply concede
Bake cupcakes and cookies
mix and knead
Grab a shovel plant a garden
sow a seed
With Frappuccino coffee and a craft magazine to read
Then organize and clean my craft room
and proceed
To send a card, happy mail,
RAK up a good deed
Shabby chic, altered - distressed
pretty things indeed
Swap for swap tag for tag, card for card
bead to bead
With priority mail and tracking
A super- fast shipping speed
So if I’m seen haulin and stallin
Then please intercede
Call crafters everywhere - a crafters stampede
To get back on track-finish projects -succeed
And to my new friends and followers this I shall reread
Now take the pledge by liking, subscribing or sharing
If agreed
© Biblescraps 12/2014
No subbie, subscriber, follower, face- book friend shall supersede
To like videos, leave nice comments
A wonderful craft community to breed
Make funky tutorials, inspiring projects
With good ideas to lead
And never use message boards to stir trouble and mislead
Take credit without giving honor
No never this misdeed
Yes shout outs and video links are always guaranteed
However, auctions, bids and sales
I will beware - take heed
Of haul enablers who want me to buy
Who beg cry and plead
But if I fail and succumb
I vow to share the greed
With freebies and giveaways many craft rooms to feed
Because when I purge and destash only then am I’m freed
From all the stuff that I bought that I don’t really need
And if the hot glue gun causes me to burn and bleed
or I fail to meet swap deadlines as decreed
or need a break from blog hoppin go away and recede
I will lay down my craft and simply concede
Bake cupcakes and cookies
mix and knead
Grab a shovel plant a garden
sow a seed
With Frappuccino coffee and a craft magazine to read
Then organize and clean my craft room
and proceed
To send a card, happy mail,
RAK up a good deed
Shabby chic, altered - distressed
pretty things indeed
Swap for swap tag for tag, card for card
bead to bead
With priority mail and tracking
A super- fast shipping speed
So if I’m seen haulin and stallin
Then please intercede
Call crafters everywhere - a crafters stampede
To get back on track-finish projects -succeed
And to my new friends and followers this I shall reread
Now take the pledge by liking, subscribing or sharing
If agreed
© Biblescraps 12/2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
Ask him his name....
Okay, so I have decided to start back blogging but in a different way. When I started this blog a couple of years ago it was with the intention of making craft videos too. I’m sure I will start back making videos but now I just want to write. I was going to start another blog but figured “why fix it if it isn’t broke”. Yes, it was much easier to work with what I already have so I’m keeping this blog. The weather has been crazy here. Its winter time but you wouldn’t know it. Before my eyes the ecology is changing in my home town. We have yet to have a winter as it is so warm- in the 70’s to be exact. Now I have never witnessed this temperature climate change in all my life. Yes, the last several years I saw an extension of summer falls and winters but who would’ve thought we would bypass winter altogether. I did some pruning in my garden yesterday and saw that my hydrangeas are budding. So glad I saw the buds before I chopped down the other branches lol. I’m disappointed, however, to say the least. I look forward to the changing of the seasons always mindful of those dates as I celebrate in my own quiet way. But there has been no changing of seasons and yes I’m praying asking God for winter to come. I love being cold and knowing I snug up in bed to get warm. I want to be able to drink hot coco or my favorite vanilla almond tea but it’s not cold enough for those things (okay it does get chilly at night but still). My biggest complaint is not being able to wear my boots and scarves. I love when fall and winter comes because I’m most fashionable when I’m styling legging, boots and scarves but not this season. Or rather not just yet for I believe God will hear my humble prayer and bring winter but in the meantime I try to be grateful for the sun shining knowing it doesn’t shine for a lot of people (if you know what I mean).
The Lord awoke me to pray this morning at six. Early morning prayers are the best times for my time with God but the last couple of weeks I have been praying mid mornings really missing those before sun up experiences with my Creator. I have been staying up late and just being too lazy to get up early but I heard a loud thump sound that awoke me and knew it was God giving me my alarm to wake up and pray. I asked Him last night “Lord just help me get out of bed, awake me” and He did. It was so nice being up before everybody else (well, my Chihuahua was up) at the time I know I can meet my God. I prayed for the children of our Awana program in a mighty way thanking d God for having such a program because without it I know we wouldn’t be touching the lives we are touching. I also prayed for someone I don’t know but want to get to know. You see I often times see a man walking/ wandering in certain areas of my community. He doesn’t appear violent or on drugs. If I had to guess he has a mental illness (though he has no outward signs so I could be wrong). Several months ago, I purchased him food and drinks while he was in the front of a Von's super market sitting on a bench. I had never heard his voice before when he told me “thank you”. Now I saw him the other day and remembered him in my prayers this morning. When I saw him, I wondered who he was and what his story was. I had never thought of him in this way before though I have seen him many times over the last couple of years. I don’t even recall ever praying for him, wow! I can’t even say with certainty that he is homeless, in a boarding care facility or has special needs. What I can say is he is always alone, wears the same clothes, keeps the same backpack, walks a lot and is quiet and to himself. Anyway, when the opportunity arrives I’m going to ask him what his name is and if circumstances permit I want to get to know him more and more. Oftentimes, we let fears, stereotypes and personal experiences keep us at bay with certain persons and in this dangerous world we live in we should to a degree. But I thought about all the good people that have given either money or food to this man yet probably never asked him what his name is. Just think how a person feels when someone asks “what is your name”? I felt convicted at this thought. After all he is a human being and though he may need help for the physical and mental body his heart needs the help of knowing that someone cares enough for me to not just feed me but want to know that I have a name. So if there is someone in your world that reminds you of this man take it a step further – take the challenge and while giving that slice of bread ask the person name and you won’t be like me and so many others referring to him as “this man”.
Taking one scrap at a time….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment