blog background

Crafter's Creed

I, fellow crafter pledge the crafter’s creed
No subbie, subscriber, follower, face- book friend shall supersede
To like videos, leave nice comments
A wonderful craft community to breed
Make funky tutorials, inspiring projects
With good ideas to lead
And never use message boards to stir trouble and mislead
Take credit without giving honor
No never this misdeed
Yes shout outs and video links are always guaranteed
However, auctions, bids and sales
I will beware - take heed
Of haul enablers who want me to buy
Who beg cry and plead
But if I fail and succumb
I vow to share the greed
With freebies and giveaways many craft rooms to feed
Because when I purge and destash only then am I’m freed
From all the stuff that I bought that I don’t really need
And if the hot glue gun causes me to burn and bleed
or I fail to meet swap deadlines as decreed
or need a break from blog hoppin go away and recede
I will lay down my craft and simply concede
Bake cupcakes and cookies
mix and knead
Grab a shovel plant a garden
sow a seed
With Frappuccino coffee and a craft magazine to read
Then organize and clean my craft room
and proceed
To send a card, happy mail,
RAK up a good deed
Shabby chic, altered - distressed
pretty things indeed
Swap for swap tag for tag, card for card
bead to bead
With priority mail and tracking
A super- fast shipping speed
So if I’m seen haulin and stallin
Then please intercede
Call crafters everywhere - a crafters stampede
To get back on track-finish projects -succeed
And to my new friends and followers this I shall reread
Now take the pledge by liking, subscribing or sharing
If agreed
© Biblescraps 12/2014

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Prayer Devotional: Be Still


So I prayed about 24 minutes this morning and it was so refreshing. This last week I have been feeling a little low but I sensed the storm is passing. I have been out of rhythm not accomplishing my daily objectives but now I’m encouraged, inspired and ready to get back in action.  I thank the Lord for reminding me that I have power over my feelings and emotions and I don’t have to succumb to them.  He reminded me that He will bring me out of every negative thought and emotion I only have to trust Him and be still during the storm.  A lot of times being still is difficult (that is being still in word and deed) because one may feel compelled to say or do something which can make a situation worse.  I was tested this last week and I tell you it was hard but I rode the waves of this storm with quietness and temperance.   I had to work really hard at keeping my mouth shut and doing good deeds though internally I fought against it.  Being still vocally and physically requires a deep trust in God mentally and emotionally. I had to come to terms that I couldn’t work it out only He could so I had to step back and do nothing at all.  It was only then I was able to see God at work in this situation.  I thank Him because I’m getting better and better in the area of temperance and am every so thankful He blessed me to make it through another storm whole and sound and lacking nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment